Universal Audio Apollo Solo USB Desktop 2x4 USB Type-C Audio Interface for Windows
Apollo Solo USB is a desktop recording audio interface for Windows — delivering class-leading audio conversion, two Unison™ mic preamps, and a suite of onboard UAD plug-ins for recording album-quality results, in real time. This compact 2x4 interface starts with esteemed Apollo A/D and D/A conversion to sonically outperform anything in its class. And with its Unison technology and built-in UAD‑2 processing, you can record through classic studio tools including the UA 610‑B Tube Preamp & EQ, LA‑2A and 1176 compressors, and more — with near‑zero latency.
Apollo Solo USB's Unison technology gives you the tone, touch, and “feel” of the world's most sought‑after preamps. These include the bundled UA 610‑B Tube Preamp, plus authentic mic preamp emulations from Neve® and API,® plus guitar amp emulations from Fender® and Marshall® — complete with their signature impedance, gain stage “sweet spots,” and component‑level circuit behaviors.*
The secret to Unison is its hardware‑software integration between Apollo Solo USB's mic preamps and its onboard UAD-2 processing. Simply place a Unison preamp plug-in on your mic input in Apollo's Console software, and it physically reconfigures Apollo’s impedance and gain staging — giving you the classic tube and transformer sounds of the world’s most recorded mic preamps and guitar amps.
Right out of the box, Apollo Solo USB provides a suite of incredible analog emulation plug‑ins including the world’s only authentic Teletronix LA‑2A and 1176LN compressors, Pultec EQs, and much more. From the tube warmth of the Pultec EQ on guitars, to the gentle limiting of the LA‑2A on vocals, your recordings will take a giant leap forward in rich, sonically complex analog sound.
Beyond the included Realtime Analog Classics plug‑ins, Apollo Solo USB lets you tap into the full library of award‑winning UAD Powered Plug-Ins — including vintage EQs, Compressors, Reverbs, Tape Machines, Auto‑Tune and more — in real time. With exclusive emulations from Neve, Ampex, Lexicon, Fender, Antares, Moog, and more,* the creative possibilities are nearly endless.
For guitarists and bassists, Apollo Solo USB includes Unison technology on its front panel instrument input — giving you access to dead-on emulations of amps like the Fender® '55 Tweed Deluxe, Ampeg® B‑15N Bass Amplifier, and the included Marshall® Plexi Classic — all available at near-zero latency for songwriting and recording.
Apollo Solo USB's onboard headphone output is louder and punchier, with lower noise and flatter frequency response versus any interface in its class. This means you can confidently track and mix using headphones, knowing you're hearing every sonic detail.
With its robust all-metal construction and exceptional sound quality, Apollo Solo USB is the only desktop audio interface for Windows users that truly delivers professional results. It’s like having a virtual analog studio that fits onto any desktop, and easily travels in your laptop bag.
- Desktop 2x4 USB audio interface for Windows 10 with class-leading 24-bit/192 kHz audio conversion
- Unison mic preamp and guitar amp emulations from Neve,® API,® Manley,® Marshall,® Fender,® and more*
- Realtime UAD Processing allows near-zero latency tracking with classic UAD plug-in effects, regardless of software buffer setting
- Includes studio compressors, EQs, reverbs, and guitar amp emulations, and more as part of “Realtime Analog Classics” bundle
- Best-in-class headphone amplifier for loud, detailed, low-noise monitoring
- USB 3 (Type-C) cable sold separately
- PC with available built-in* USB 3 SuperSpeed (Type-A or Type-C port)
- Intel Core i-Series or Xeon processor*
- Windows 10 64-Bit Edition
- USB 3 Type-C cable (not included)*
- Internet connection to download software and authorize UAD plug-ins
- 6 GB available storage
- IF-certified USB 3 SuperSpeed cable (Type-A to Type-C, or Type-C to Type-C)
- Quad Core i7 or better recommended for optimum DAW performance
- USB 3 adapters (such as PCIe-to-USB 3 expansion cards) are not tested
- 2-in-1 systems (notebook/tablet) are not recommended