Native Instruments MASCHINE+ Standalone Production and Performance Instrument
MASCHINE+ is a sampler, a drum machine, a synth, and an on-stage superpower. In short, it’s whatever you make it. Leave the laptop behind, jam with your other gear, and create beats in minutes with a wealth of on-board sounds, instruments, and effects. It’s the iconic MASCHINE workflow, with fewer strings attached. Standalone means more focus, more freedom, and more music making. Plug in, power up, and get creating straight away in the embedded MASCHINE+ production environment – from first ideas to finished tracks. Dial in effects to tweak your sounds, or sample audio and make it your own with an intuitive interface designed to keep the creative juices flowing. And if you want to bring your ideas into a DAW, copy them over, and boot up the MASCHINE software on your computer to pick up where you left off.
As well as its classic groovebox workflow, MASCHINE+ includes MASCHINE+ Selection: A dedicated package of nine synths and sampled instruments, 35 effects, and seven Expansions (including two of your own choosing) that work seamlessly in standalone mode. It includes heavy-hitters like MASSIVE, FM8, MONARK, PRISM, the MASCHINE Factory Selection, RAUM, and PHASIS. That means its 16 pads can sound like a dusty vintage drumkit, a warped wavetable lead, or an organic modal synth – pretty much anything you can think of if you flex your sound design skills.
Whether you’re digging records or ripping radio edits, record any sound into MASCHINE+ and quickly chop and stretch the results into your own custom kits. Or transform and twist them in real-time with the Audio plug-in. The same goes for guitars, vocals, drums, and anything else – more sounds means more creative ways to make music. Bring real expression to live performances with intuitive control over your music – tap out beats, run arpeggiators, or tweak synth melodies in real time. MASCHINE+ is an intuitive live sequencer, a fully-fledged groovebox, and a powerful performance synthesizer rolled into one.
Clips let you arrange your ideas with even more freedom. Create transitions across scenes, add unique variation to patterns, record MIDI directly into the full arrangement, and freely add audio wherever you need it. Once you’ve fleshed out your ideas, you can use MASCHINE+ as a powerful tool to push tracks past the finish line.
Play and sequence outboard gear and capture the results, or manipulate external audio in real time with effects. MASCHINE+ can control, mix, and manipulate the rest of your setup with MIDI, line, and mic inputs to bring everything together instantly. And if you want to work with a computer, it doubles up as a classic MASCHINE controller too. MASCHINE+ is Wi-Fi enabled, which means you can install new sounds, instruments, and effects at the touch of a button, without a computer in sight. When it comes to jamming with others or playing out live, keep in sync with other music apps, DAWs, and compatible gear with Ableton Link.
Need more sounds? Expansions are great for giving MASCHINE+ some sonic love, with presets for its synths, one-shot samples, loops, and kits. The catalog is always expanding, and getting the latest sounds is quick and easy – just download and they’re ready to roll.
- Immersive standalone workflow for creating beats and melodies, sampling, arranging music, and performing on stage or in the studio
- Includes MASCHINE+ Selection with industry-leading instruments, sounds, and effects, plus renowned MASCHINE drum and bass synth plugins and effects
- Quad-core CPU and 4 GB RAM for fast, seamless creation when it counts
- Pro-grade, 44 kHz / 24-bit audio interface* with 2 x ¼” TRS line outputs, 2 x ¼” TRS line inputs, ¼” dynamic mic input, stereo headphone output, 1 x MIDI In, 1 x MIDI out; 1 x Footswitch, 2 x USB ports for MIDI controllers / external HDDs
- Robust, anodized aluminium design for years on the road and in the studio
- Iconic MASCHINE features and workflow including 16 velocity-sensitive pads, MASCHINE effects and plugins, swing, pad link, note repeat, step sequencer, and vintage sampler emulation
- Use standalone or with a computer – integrate with your studio workflow, and unplug for DAW-less setups or live performances
- WiFi and Link enabled for wirelessly installing and updating products, collaborating with others, and syncing with other gear
- * 96 kHz / 24-bit in controller mode
Under The Hood:
- Quad-core processor
- 4 GB dual channel DDR3L RAM
- 32 GB internal eMMC flash storage (for OS and factory content)
- 2 x color displays (480 x 272)
- 64 GB SD card included (supports up to 1 TB)
- (Also expandable via USB for larger libraries)
- You can use MASCHINE+ without a computer, but you’ll need a wireless internet connection and your Native ID to get set up.
- Mac: macOS 10.14 or 10.15 (latest update), Intel Core i5, 4 GB RAM
- Windows: Windows 10 (latest Service Pack, 64-bit only), Intel Core i5 or equivalent CPU, 4 GB RAM
- USB 2.0 Port, 9 GB free disk space for MASCHINE software and MASCHINE Library, 24 GB free disk space for MASCHINE+ Selection.
- Supported Interfaces: Stand-alone, VST2 (64-bit), Audio Units (64-bit), AAX 64, ASIO, CoreAudio, and WASAPI. Please note: Native 64-bit support for stand-alone and plug-in versions.
- MASCHINE requires activation: Activate using the serial number on the bottom of the unit. In case of graphics issues, please install the latest drivers for your GPU. This can be necessary even if Windows reports them as up to date.
- MASCHINE software, MASCHINE Factory Library, instruments, effects, and sound content are provided as downloads after hardware registration – an internet connection and a graphics card which supports OpenGL 2.1 or higher are required for initial download and activation of MASCHINE software.
- Dimensions: 322 x 301 x 51 mm / 12.68'' x 11.85'' x 2.01''
- Weight: 2.50 kg / 5.51 lbs